The members of the DC Investment Forum have elected Baillie Gifford’s Lorna Kennedy as chair and Northern Trust’s Mark Austin as vice chair for 2023, following a vote at the forum’s Annual General Meeting. The DCIF’s previous chair, Jon Holguin, will become immediate past chair and continue to sit on the board for the last year of his term.
Lorna Kennedy is a partner at Baillie Gifford. She joined Baillie Gifford in 2000 and is responsible for the firm’s UK DC strategy.
Mark Austin is Pensions and Insurance Executive for Northern Trust’s Asset Owners business in EMEA and chair of trustees of the Northern Trust UK Pension Plan.
Both Lorna and Mark are long-standing members of the DCIF and have given their time and expertise to the group over the years, from participating in research steering groups to Mark’s recent appearance as a guest on the DCIF’s podcast (listen to the episode here).
Lorna Kennedy said: “I’m starting my year as chair at an exciting time for the DCIF and wider world of DC pensions. Coming soon is new research on climate-related reporting, season two of the DCIF podcast – New World, Exciting Opportunities, and much more in the pipeline throughout the year.”
Mark Austin added: “With so much happening in UK DC, it is vital for trustees and scheme managers to keep in touch with new developments and make sure they’re asking the right questions about how they are invested – a task we plan to keep supporting them with. In my new role, I look forward to developing all our exciting plans for the year ahead.”
Notes to editors
About the DCIF
The Defined Contribution Investment Forum (DCIF) believes that members in defined contribution pension schemes deserve the best possible investment services. The DCIF is committed to providing research, seminars and debates to promote investment excellence in DC pension schemes.
Please contact Louise Farrand for any media enquiries on: +44 (0)7916318062 Email: [email protected].
Images and logo: We have a range of images and logos we can supply to support your coverage of the DCIF on request.
- Abrdn – www.abrdn.com
- AXA Investment Managers – www.axa-im.co.uk
- Baillie Gifford – www.bailliegifford.com
- CBRE – www.cbre.co.uk
- Columbia Threadneedle Investments – www.columbiathreadneedle.co.uk
- First Sentier Investors – www.firstsentierinvestors.com
- Franklin Templeton Investments – www.franklintempleton.co.uk
- Invesco – www.invesco.com/uk/en/home.html
- Janus Henderson Investors – www.janushenderson.com/institutional
- P. Morgan Asset Management – www.jpmorgan.co.uk
- MFS Investment Management – www.mfs.com
- Nareit – www.reit.com
- Northern Trust – www.northerntrust.com
- PGIM Real Estate – www.pgimrealestate.com